Are you passionate about your creative side and love working with other creatives?
Reed is a positive, creative arena for expression of creativity – yours and those who we provide services for. We encourage our staff to explore their creative side and imagine greater things. We are artists working for artists, and there is something magical about working with, and for like-minded people. A fantastic synergy ignites when creatives come together to complete a project in a way that maximizes the viewing experience and satisfies the artist’s vision. For some, it’s a high like no other.
Dedicated to maximized quality standards for decades, Reed continues as an internationally recognized resource for the professional creative and their audience. We bring to the table our passion, experience, advanced knowledge and unsurpassed skills. If you would like to be an important part of this amazing organization, reach out with your résumé to the address below the opportunity.
What you will need to win at Reed:
You’ve gotta love artists. No, really—you must love artists! If you don’t, then you’re not going to be happy in our inspiring and creative work environment. But, if you love the idea of helping artists bring to life their unique creative expression, and you value the satisfaction of a job well-done, then come on over and join our team of artists working for artists.
Shipping and Receiving Specialist
We’re not looking for your average shipping clerk; we’re looking for that rare individual that embodies initiative, high-energy, positivity, and an outside-the-box approach to the job. Here’s the deal: Smart, hard-working, competent people are kind of hard to find. But we’re eternal optimists and we think they’re out there. If you are that, plus you have shipping experience, then we might be your next employer. We have a part-time opening in the shipping department at our fine art production facility. If you’ve got the skills and you play well with others, we invite you to apply to be our Shipping/Receiving Specialist.
Primarily what you’ll be doing:
- Establish priorities and set workflow according to daily shipping deadlines
- Prep and package fine art products for shipment, including creating custom boxes
- Schedule shipments via local courier services, USPS, FedEx, FedEx Freight, independent freight company (including international shipments)
- Generate bills of lading, packing lists, online forms and necessary shipping reports
- Respectfully handle valuable artwork and large crates
- Generate shipping quotes for in-house sales reps
- Receive shipments of artwork and production materials
- Monitor inventory and materials supply
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work space
Duties you may also be asked to do:
- Assist with loading/unloading trucks
- Assist with packing art in custom shipping crates
- Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!…or at least lift heavy boxes & materials (50+ lbs.) and be on your feet most of the day
- Detail-oriented, focused, organized, and can multitask like a pro
- Responsibly self-manage and stay on-task with limited supervision
- Interact courteously and tactfully with managers and co-workers
- Speak, read and write English
- Basic math skills
- Steady, consistent work history
Extra credit if you have:
- Wood shop experience
- Industrial shrink-wrapper
NO PHONE CALLS. Please send your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Support / Account Manager
Reed Art & Imaging – Denver, CO
What do people say about you? Do they call you upbeat? Personable? Confident? How about intuitive? Fastidious? Capable? If what they say about you is true, then you’re probably just who we need. And, if you can check the “yes” boxes for positive attitude, strong work ethic, and skilled communicator, then that might just seal the deal.
We have a fulltime opening on our customer support team for that rare person who embodies positivity and flourishes under the challenge of changing demands and priorities. We know our expectations are high, but it’s because that’s exactly who we want representing our company to our artist clients! If your adrenaline is pumping right now, that might be you. So, here’s the final gut-check: Do you intuitively know how to communicate with artistic professionals? Are you teachable, adaptable, flexible, and a team player? Do you get fired up when all your I’s are dotted and your T’s are crossed? If that’s you, we invite you to apply to be our next Customer Support/Account Manager.
Partial list of what you’ll be doing:
- Learn everything about what we create here (don’t worry, we’ll teach you)
- Service a loyal following of fine art clients who think you’re awesome because of your extreme competence in handling their projects
- Multi-task like a pro (in other words, skillfully juggle multiple projects with tight time frames)
- Nimbly navigate our CRM software to manage client relationships, data, and communications
- Make our walk-in clients feel welcome and like they’re in good hands
- Listen to the client’s needs and lead them to the product that is the best solution
- Prepare and input orders for production after face-to-face client meetings, phone consultations, and online order requests
- Answer phones and satisfactorily address client questions, or transfer calls to someone who can
- Take payments (credit cards, cash, checks)
- Exceptional, intuitive people skills with 2+ years of sales or customer service experience
- Experience or knowledge of fine art reproduction, photography, digital printing and/or graphic arts. A degree in a related field would be great, but we can talk if your experience is strong
- Ability to clearly communicate with creative professionals, both verbally and in writing
- Detail-oriented and focused
- Can responsively self-manage, multi-task, and meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Comfort with everyday usage of desktop computer and a variety of software
- Steady, consistent work history
- Reliable transportation
- Can stand for extended periods of time and lift 20lbs
Interested? Email your cover letter and resume to Cyndy Stiller, email@example.com
Reed Art & Imaging is a professional fine art reproduction studio located in Denver, Colorado. We produce fine art prints and other fine art related fulfillment for artists and photographers all over the world. Reed Art & Imaging was established in 1979 and has remained family-owned and operated ever since. www.reedphoto.com
Don’t see a job opening you were hoping for? We are always interested in hearing from intelligent, creative and quality-centric individuals. Feel free to send us your résumé:
c/o Reed Art and Imaging
8000 West Colfax Ave.
Lakewood, Colorado 80214